Uhle Tobacco Company was founded in 1939 by John H. Uhle. The original location was at 232 W. Michigan St. in downtown Milwaukee, just two blocks from our present location. Mr. Uhle often sat in the front window of the store repairing pipes and hand blending pipe tobaccos for his customers. In the 1950’s Mr. Uhle developed a wholesale business by selling his tobaccos and pipes to appointed agencies throughout the Midwest. This has grown and is still a big part of our business today. Later in that decade, he moved to our present location on Wisconsin Avenue, the heart of downtown.